|Here is some important information regarding the June 29-July 3 session of Championship Swim Camp:|
Check in will be on Saturday, 6/29, from 11 am to 1 pm at Pierpont Dorm (GPS- 201 Fearing Street, Amherst, MA 01003). Fearing Street is currently closed for repairs so please follow the directions below for check in:
- Drop off/unloading will be at the top of the hill on Southwest Circle (this road is off of University Drive). Staff will monitor this area to make sure there is orderly movement in and out and offer directions. You can download or view a map of the UMass campus here: https://www.umass.edu/visitorsctr/sites/default/files/maps/campusmap.pdf
- Parking for vehicles will be allowed on Southwest Circle and in Lot 21 or Lot 33 across the street from the dorm area during the Check-In period only. Parking on Southwest Circle will be on the sidewalk side only (with traffic flow). Southwest Circle is a one way street.
- The Parking Office will be contacted by University Conference Services so the attendants do not ticket on Southwest Circle or Lot 22/33 on check-in and check-out days.
There will be no lunch served on Saturday, and the first session will start right after check-in.
Check out will be on Wednesday 7/3 at 11:45 a.m. at Pierpont Dorm. The same system will be in place for pick up / checkout in regards to Lot 22/33 and Southwest Circle.
Daily pick up and drop off for commuters:
- Boyden Building (Groups1+2): Pick-up and drop-off will be outside the Boyden Building in Lot 42. Drop-off time is by 8:00 am and pick-up time is 5:00 pm. This lot is available for you to briefly park your vehicle while you are picking up or dropping off the campers. Long term parking is not allowed in Lot 42. Staff will be outside monitoring pick up and drop off.
- Totman Building (Groups 3+4): Pick up and drop off each day will be outside the Totman Building in Lot 43. Drop-off time is by 8:30 am and pick-up time is 5:00 pm. This lot is available for you to briefly park your vehicle while you are picking up or dropping off the campers. Long term parking is not allowed in Lot 43. Staff will be outside monitoring pick up and drop off.
What to Bring to Camp: Residents must provide all personal articles including pillow, blanket and sheets (the beds are twin extra-long sized), sun block, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste and towels. Campers must bring equipment appropriate for practice: suits, caps, goggles and extra towels. T-shirts, shorts and athletic shoes will also be needed. Kick boards, pull-buoys and other necessary equipment will be supplied by the camp.
Also recommended: A reading lamp, a fan (the rooms are not air-conditioned), and a reliable alarm clock and/or watch.
We are looking forward to another great camp session at Championship Swim Camp!